Studio #5 - Gerald Longson Architect
Gerald Longson is registered professional Architect living and practicing between Galiano Island and Vancouver. He offers 35 years of expertise in:
- planning, development, design and construction;
- renovations and upgrades to existing homes; and
- construction of new residential and vacation homes.
Gerald has a Bachelor of Architecture (1978) from UBC where he studied the communities and design of the Gulf Island. He is a member of Architectural Institute of British Columbia (Architect – AIBC -1981) and in Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (MRAIC – 1990) and holds certification with the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC – LEED AP-NC) and therefore incorporates sustainability design and construction in all projects.
As an active member of the Project Management Institute, Gerald applies the rigours of project management to ensure that all projects are developed and delivered within agreed budget and schedule and achieve all of the Client’s quality and sustainability objectives and requirements.
As a registered Architect since 1980 Gerald has developed, designed and delivered a wide range of projects. The following is a small sample of residential projects:
- 3850 GLEN DRIVE, VANCOUVER, B.C.
- 3732 WELLINGTON STREET, PORT COQUITLAM, B.C
- COVEY PLACE, NORTH VANCOUVER, B.C.
- PLANT CABIN, BOYER ISLAND, B.C.
- #5 ALDER WAY, GALIANO ISLAND, B.C
The design and upgrade of a 30 year old, 850 sq.ft. cabin to meet the needs of new owners and add years of useful life to the building. Plans are currently underway to add an additional 280 sq.ft. of usable space. Budget $42,000.